Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bonfire of the Sanities

Submit to me you will feel so much better after you do...

Close your crying eyes and fall into me..

I will show you sleep…

I will take you away to rest and sublime release...

I know that your burden is crushing and your heart is care worn;

Let your reason flow into me...

I will give you a gift… my boon...

And the world will be whatever your heart has desired..

All else will fall away and your rationing mind will slumber for a time....

Lounge beneath my spreading boughs and dream eternal...

Where I am there are no weeping children, no bills to pay, no threatening creditors, no worries, no disease, death, aging, or broken hearts...

Eat of my good fruit...and let your belly finally be full...

Leave that world of care behind and for a time sleep...

For, you may remain here as long as you wish...

And that world of despair will pass like a glass before your unseeing eye...

Yet you will remain...you will abide...

And, if with time you wish to embark on that long ease…

I will make the transition quick and painless...

Slip into my arms ...open yours …drink every last drop

You will sleep forever and feel peace at last...

I'll hold you close, my tired babe, kiss your lips and take your life of anguish into me...

Then this can finally be over….

There is nothing so precious as that final whispering breath...

The one that goes back to God...

No comments:

Post a Comment